Preventive Conservation Working Group Triennial Programme 2020-2023
Specific themes for investigation
Within the Triennial of 2020-2023 the Preventive Conservation Working Group will take stock of preventive conservation expertise and requirements across the network of ICOM-CC. Assistant Coordinators together with the Working Group Coordinator span a wide range of different continents. Using the broad individual networks of the team, we plan to investigate what the issues and challenges in different regions are, and what the Preventive Conservation Working Group can do to support the wider community.
Themes will be based on global issues such as sustainability, human health and well- being, and communication. We will structure emerging themes within the framework of the 10 agents of deterioration (physical forces, fire, water, pests, incorrect temperature and humidity, light and radiation, contamination, criminal activity and dissociation).
Fill the gap
- Series of knowledge exchange sessions in the form of virtual meetings: The Preventive Conservation Working Group coordinating team will meet regularly to exchange knowledge at a regional level and within a wider context. These sessions will be open to all Preventive Conservation Working Group members. The Working Group Coordinator and Assistant Coordinators for this triennium are based in Asia, Europe, Oceania, and South America. We will invite selected professionals to add to our own experience from continents the coordinating team does not currently cover (for example, Africa, North America).
- Report back on knowledge exchange sessions through the Working Group Newsletter; invite feedback from Working Group members.
- Organise a series of (online) events with global reach for professionals who would not normally attend (ICOM-CC) conferences.
- Actively participate with ICCROM’s ‘Our collections matter’ project.
- Explore collaboration with the ICOM International Committee for Education and Cultural Action (CECA) in connection with ‘filling the gap’, see above.
- The ICOM-CC Working Group mailing list will be used to communicate with members.
- Activities will be advertised on the home page of the Working Group on the ICOM-CC website.
- Social media (for example Facebook, YouTube).
ICOM-CC Publications Online Platform project
Assist with gathering information for the Publications Online Platform Project related to the Working Groups’ past publications, as well as any further work required to place publications generated in this triennium.
ICOM-CC acknowledges and highly values the contributions and additional efforts required by the Working Group Coordinators towards converting the Beijing 19th Triennial Conference to a fully virtual event. Additional workloads are being carried by Coordinators from both the past and current triennia to ensure a vibrant and exciting conference.
Send page to a friend
An error has occurred; please try again later.
The page has been sent
Use the form bellow to send page to another friend.
Use the form below to share this page to a friend